Relocation is almost unavoidable. A time comes when you are required to change location as an individual or business. And since moving can be a daunting task, having the best packing tips when planning your move can save you a lot of stress.
If you are planning to use a moving company, say Cube Movers Limited, we offer packing as part of the relocation package. But for those of us who would want to do it by ourselves, here are some helpful packing tips to help you next time you are planning to Move.
Best Packing Tips For A Stress Free Move
- Label the boxes. Here are so many ways for labeling, but the best one is to combine the two most popular approaches: color coding and writing. Every room should get a specific color that goes onto each package, but don’t be too lazy to write down a few key pieces that are inside. Some people also rely on numbers, but you can develop your own system. It will help you figure out what is where once you begin unpacking.
- Pack your essentials separately. Last-day essentials are crucial. Those are the things you’ll need while you’re still in the house and quickly after you enter your new home. If you have a plastic and transparent bag or container, it is better to use that because it will be easier to find your toiletries and other essentials.
- Get rid of stuff you don’t need. This will reduce the amount of packing materials you need, moving truck and subsequently reduce the cost of moving. If you are planning to start fresh and get a lot of new stuff for your future home, you’re probably wondering what to do with old furniture, appliances, and things that can still be used. If you’re in need of money, you can always sell them, whether online or through a garage sale. However, you can always donate them to a local charity organization that offers to pick up the stuff from your house and help someone in need.
- Set apart time to pack. One of the most stressful things to do when moving is finding the time to pack everything well. To ensure you have enough time to pack your belongings properly, start the process as soon as you make the decision to move. You can start with items you don’t use often to the most essential ones.
- Carefully prepare household electronics to be moved. When packing house electronics carefully keep the wires and cables organized to make setting up at your final destination easier.
- Unplug some electrons 24 hours to moving day. To limit any static electricity and ensure they are cool enough to move without internal damage, unplug such electronic devices as fridges at least 24 hours before moving them.
- Pack and take personal care of expensive gadgets and items that can get lost easily like phones, laptops, watches, jewelry, money and legal documents which may not be allowed onto a moving truck.
- Hire Cube Movers Limited to help you with packing and moving. Our excellent care and commitment to customer service are what have made us stand out from other moving companies in Kenya.